Monday, February 15, 2010
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Two weeks ago I got the forms for 3yo preschool at the school where the Bean has been attending Mother's Day Out for two years. Brad and I realized that their minimum day requirements and fees had risen right above our price range. A desire to be good stewards of our finances (us) and a nagging feeling that these precious days at home with my daughter are FLYING by (me) led us to the decision to not do preschool next year.
- access to some wonderful blogs, a few of which appear in the blog roll to the right (I hope to add more soon) which have begun my education in homeschooling principles (although I still plan for public school in Kindergarten).
- a husband who has faith in me even when I don't.
- our fabulous community center and its rich offering of affordable, local preschool age activities I didn't realize existed until I was desperate.
- a cheering section of family members and fellow mommies.
- a daughter who is naturally outgoing (so I don't have to stress about socialization), has a voracious appetite for knowledge and a love of books (so I've never felt I had to force her into learning) and with whom I genuinely enjoy spending my days.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
There are so many eloquent things I could say about motherhood, but I love the simple truth expressed in the 2.5 year gap in posts - mommies are busy!