Thursday, February 4, 2010

Daybook 1


Out my window...
Gray skies and a light drizzle, high 42* today. It's been a gray week so far, but I am so glad that it's warming up that I don't mind the rain one little bit.

I am hearing...
Birdsong and the hum of DH's computer. It's nap time, you see.

I am thankful for...
Slippers with arch support, nap time, tiny kicking in my belly, time

I am reading...
Illustrations in my edition by Trisha Schart Hyman, whom I love!


On my mind...
Mom and Dad driving to Louisville

Pondering these words...
"Be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger." James 1:19b
I need help with ALL THREE

I am going...
to the Taize service tonight for the first time. I need some peaceful meditation right now.
THEN this weekend to Austin to celebrate my seestur!

A few plans for the week
- clean house on Friday as usual. Even though we won't be here, I HATE to come home to a yucky house.
- pack for Austin
- get the rest of the flower seeds sown
+ blanket flower
+ butterfly weed
+ echinacea
+ nasturtium
+ rudbeckia
+ shasta daisies

I am praying for
my Louisville family. I lost my cousin this week. She was a young mother of two. I don't have the right words for any of this right now, but her children, her parents, my parents and cousins, our Grandma and aunties and uncles are all on my heart.
Kyrie eleison. Christe eleison. Kyrie eleison.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Salvias are up and close to their first set of true leaves!

Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman for more daybook entries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails